Eyebrow Upkeep & Routine




Eyebrows are such an important part of my everyday makeup routine.  I'd would rather fill in my eyebrow and leave the rest of my face bare than the other way around.  When filled in, they frame your face much nicer, and give a polished, put together look.



Grooming:

I highly suggest investing in a pair of really good sharp tweezers to pluck all of the stray hairs. I use the Tweezerman tweezers, which are a little pricier, but are worth the investment.  Plucking is the method I use to maintain the shape of my brows and remove any strays that grow back.  A tip for grooming is to pluck them with filled in brows, so you know exactly where to remove extra hair to prevent overplucking!



Routine:

Products: I use the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate as well as Brush #12.  To set i use the Maybelline Great Lash in clear



When using the dipbrow, it can be easy to use too much product, making your brows to dark.  I like to move around the product in the lid before using to ensure that my brush is coated evenly without too much either.  But no worries, use the spoolie on the other side to brush away the excess product afterwards!



I start with my natural brows.  They need shaping and filling in around the sparse areas towards the tail


Step 1: I draw a clean, straight line on the top of my brow to shape the top







Step 2: I extend the line down the tail of my brows finish the upper outline.











Step 3: I grab some more product and draw a line starting from the front all the way to the end to connect the two lines.










Step 4: I fill in the outline with some more product, but I don't fill in the front part just yet








Step 5: With no extra product, I flick the brush upwards in the very front so that the inner portion isn't too dark.  We don't want block brows here!




Step 6: I set my eyebrows with some brow gel.  I just use the Maybelline Clear Mascara because it works great & its affordable





And voila! Here is the final result









The dipbrow takes a while to get the hang of, but I think it really makes your brows look scultped and clean.  I highly recommend it, and I really think it's one of the best brow products currently on the market.  

No comments:

Post a Comment